Prayer for Vocations
Loving God, You speak to us
and nourish us through the
life of this church community.
Lord, we ask you
to send your Spirit to us so that
men and women among us, young
and old, will respond to your call to
service and leadership in the Church.
We pray, especially, in our day, for
those who hear your invitation to
be a priest, sister, brother, or deacon.
May those who are opening their hearts
and minds to your call be encouraged
and strengthened through our enthusiasm
in your service.
For possible inclusion in the Prayers of Intercession:
- On this Day of Prayer for Vocations, we pray for a new openness to priestly and religious vocations among all people of our diocese and throughout our country.
- That all of us develop our ability to listen for the voice of the Lord in our daily lives in a noisy and preoccupied world.
- For all who are struggling to discover their vocations, may they obtain the support and direction of spiritual guides.
- For those considering how to apply their talents and abilities as part of God’s plan from our own parish: may they overcome doubt and fear and respond with courage to God’s call.
- That those called to religious life from our own parish will not let fear of sacrifice or unworthiness deter them from pursuing holiness.
- That parents may be examples of holiness for their children and encourage them to pray and listen to God’s call, especially in their teenage years.
- For the deceased clergy and religious who have served our diocese, that the Good Shepherd will welcome them into his Kingdom with open arms.